Thursday 20 April 2017

Porto

Porto is a beautiful city located in the northwest of Portugal.  This city is full of interesting places to visit.


One of the most visited places is the cathedral. This gothic cathedral is amazing, the outside is enormous and beautiful, but the inside is breathtaking. It is decorated by an amazing number of arches, and the walls are covered with incredible paintings.

The bridge of Don Luis I is an amazing architectural work. It was designed by Gustave Eiffel, so it has some similarities with the Eiffel tower.



The “Casa da música” is an amazing  newly- built, amazing auditorium. A lot of important musicians and dancers act there, it is the perfect place to visit if you like music but you will have to reserve your tickets because this auditorium is always full.

The Duero is an amazing river that crosses the city, you can see it from one of the many bridges that are in the city. You can also see its amazing river mouth where the crystalline water of the Duero mixes with the ocean.

The place I found most interesting is the Lello library. It´s a breathtaking library considered the most beautiful in the world by several newspapers, travel brochures and by me. It is located in the historical centre of the city and  it was built in 1869. It is said that the amazing author of Harry Potter: J. K. Rowling was inspired by this library to create the magical world of Harry Potter.


If you are an art lover or if you like to be amazed by incredible, historic places, you have to visit Porto.


14 comments:

  1. Porto is one of the city that I have on my list of places to visit. Reading this post, I can see the amazing and vibrant monuments, bridges and the gothic cathedral that Porto has. I have enjoyed so much reading this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This city is also on my list of places to visit hahaha, so we can go together!!!!

      Delete
    2. Oh!! It is a fantastic idea!! So when we are older we will pack our suitcase and travel to Porto to visit these amazing places.

      Delete
    3. Why we have to wait until we are older?Let´s go tomorrow! lets enjoy life day by day!!! oh no we have an exam :(

      Delete
  2. I like Porto but I don't have any idea before I have read it. This post has help me to know more about its monuments. I think I will visit it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You’ve covered up so many interesting places but I can only think about the Lello library, I’m a huge fan of Harry Potter and I didn’t know it was one of the author’s inspiration. By reading your post and searching images of it on the Internet I can tell why such amazing things came to her mind. I wish one day I can go and see all those wonderful places with my own eyes.

    Lydia Casado Calvo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible!!! I have never visited Portugal, but after reading this post I hope that one one day, i will visit it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been there and, man, if you have time and money to spend,go there, trust me it´s amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an amazing place, it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an amazing city, it looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mamma mia!!! My desire to go to Porto has tripled, has anyone had the same feeling as me?
    I am not fan of Harry Potter but I have had to swallow some movies because my brother really love it hahahaha, anyway I have liked everyting you said (specially the information of that beautiful bridge). I hope to visit it soon since it is quite nearby from Spain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My desire has tripled too. I didn't know that much of Porto and now I really wanna go. But about Harry Potter...I am a great great fan of it and I would love to go to that brilliant library.

      Delete