Thursday 16 February 2017

Goya Awards 2017

Don´t you all like films? They are a great way to enjoy your time. If you are a film lover then you would have seen the Goya award, the most important film awards in Spain. 

Last Saturday, 4th of February, the actor and comedian Dani Rovira presented the Goya awards.

One of the most awarded film was A Monster Calls, it is based in the Patrick Ness´ book with the same name. It is a great chance if you want to spend your day crying and asking yourself about life aspects such as loneliness or getting older. It is one of the better Spanish films of 2016 and it has collected almost 28 million Euros all around the world. Its director, Juan Antonio Bayona, won the award for the best director.

The Fury of a Patient Man was also one of the most awarded films. It has not been as famous as A Monster Calls has been, but it has been awarded as the best film. This film is perfect for mystery lovers; it is also full of revenge, drama, rage and passion. 




Not only the films won awards, but also some actors. Roberto Álamo won the award for the best actor with Que dios nos perdone; while Emma Suárez won best actress with Juliet she also won the award for the best supporting actress with La próxima piel. Manolo Solo won the award for the best supporting actor with The Fury of a Patient Man 2016 has been a great year for the Spanish cinema; it has collected almost one billion Euros all around the world. Let’s hope 2017 to be as good as 2016, or better.

11 comments:

  1. I love the world of films,and I knew about all of the ones that are commented in this post, but i have not seen "The fury of a patient man" yet. I'm pretty sure I want to see it now that has won so many awards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post! No doubt my favorite movie in this post is A Monster Calls. I recommend it to everyone, it's a movie that excites you from the very first moment and makes you think about everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn´t like at all the film of the monster calls, but I have enjoyed the post in general. Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post. I enjoyed a lot reading it, I also learned a lot about the Goya awards

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a film lover and I like all movies you have mentioned, specially the one of "A Monster Calls", from my point of view, is one of the most incredible film in the world. In addition, its director, J.A Bayona is one of my favourite directors. I love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following your recommendation I’ve watched “A Monster Calls” and I loved it! The story was so heartbreaking I couldn’t hold back my tears and I don’t know how they were able to catch everyone’s attention until the end. I’m thinking about watching “The fury of a patient man”, wonderful post!

    Lydia Casado Calvo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting blog with a lot of films that some of them there are very curiuos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love The fury of a patient man. They deserve that price.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am also a fan of the movies and there has not been a year that I lost the goya awards hahaha, as I said this year also I have seen them and I agree with you in everything. Some of the movies I have not seen, so I wrote them down ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Although i don´t love the goya awards, knowing more information about things is always very useful and interesting. Stay curious :)

    ReplyDelete