Thursday 18 May 2017

Parkour

Probably, the word parkour is a weird word for you, but I am sure that you have ever seen someone practicing it. 

It is normal seeing people jumping without any fears from one place to another in the streets, parks and abandoned buildings of our cities. 


And that is what parkour is about. This urban sport is about jumping through obstacles doing amazing tricks running as fast as possible on the street. The most positive aspect of this incredible sport is its simplicity, you don´t need spending a huge amount of money to practice it because you don´t need anything at all.
But what is more interesting about it is that you can practice it wherever you want, because you only need a fence or a bench to start running and bouncing.

There are many competitions each year to decide who the best traceur in the world is. Traceur is the term used for people who practice this amazing sport. Last year's world's competition was held in the beautiful white houses of Oia in Santorini (Greece). It was a massive meeting with lots of runners fighting for be the best.
This sport requires a lot of practice, because a bad fall can provoke very serious injuries. This sport is getting more and more famous every year, and more people are starting to practice it, so, without doubts in some years this sport is going to be one of the most famous sports in the world. 

13 comments:

  1. If it looks as amazing to watch as difficult as it sounds, it surely would be interesting to go to a competition and see it myself. My cousin wanted to practice it with some friends some years ago, until in his third class he broke an arm, that’s why I don’t think it’s a sport for anyone who doesn’t have a good physical strength. Anyway it all depends on how hard you work in it; unless you are like me, which means that even with hard work, the bunny of the last photograph would still be better than you.

    Lydia Casado Calvo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cousin practises this awesome sport and when I see him jumping from that height I suffer for his life. Nowadays there are many news about this sport so as you have said I also think it will become very popular. It is an extreme and dangerous sport which I would never practise it haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first with this name I don't know what sport you were talking about. I think this is a risk sport.It is marvellous seen people doing incredible pirouettes and at the same time very dangerous. I think I would never practise it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a riskier and at the same time incredible sport!I think I would never try it, I'm a bit clumsy and I would fall a lot hahah even so I would like to see it in person so I can fully enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. I think I would be really bad in this sport, but I think it is marvellous to see it. I would have liked to go to that competition in Santorini because it is a very beautiful place.

      Delete
  5. Thats one of the sports I will never practice! I think this sport is too risky specialy when they jump from building to building.
    I will like to see one EXPERT practicing it, and I said an expert because I suffer a lot when I see people that maybe can lost their lives making crazy things, but then I put on the crazy person skin and I think that if they lost their live, they lost it making the thing they really love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a incredible sport! I know it existed, but I thought it was easier, or at least less risky. I would like to go to a worldwide competición to enjoy experts doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks funny, but very dangerous. I would probably broke my leg if I tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marvellous sport but very dangerous, if i tried it i would break something for sure, probably my Bones. But it's still exciting to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In the future I would like to be able to make all those stunts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing sport!!! I like to see the people doing It in the street. However I dont do It because It is very risky, with a fail you can break some parts of the body and I dont want to be injured because of that. Nevertheless I think that parkour is a very good sport!! I also think that the competitions are very good for people that practised this sport, for more entertaiment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is so cool. I know some people who practice this Sport but I think it is hard and scary. I also think that a good thing about this Sport is that you can practice it in the streets of your city or village, it's very interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is so cool. I know some people who practice this Sport but I think it is hard and scary. I also think that a good thing about this Sport is that you can practice it in the streets of your city or village, it's very interesting!!

    ReplyDelete